Our mission is to provide the highest quality education in the most
enjoyable and friendly atmosphere possible. In pursuing this
mission we work hard to attract the most highly qualified faculty to
our program. Our faculty play an essential role in our ability to
develop and maintain a high quality informatics program at
IUSB. Accordingly, we seek to attract faculty with strong applied
research potential, instructional ability and communication skills
necessary for the mutual benefit of the university, business,
scientific and engineering communities. Our goal is to bridge the
gap between theories and concepts presented in the classroom and
real life business and industry needs and practices.
We have charted a course to develop and refine many exciting and
challenging projects over the next five years. Some of these are
- Development of a masters program in Informatics.
- Refinement of the B.S. program in Informatics.
- Refinement of our joint programs with other
departments of IUSB to offer specialized cognates and minor study tracks.
In addition to the above, we will continue to
- Improve our teaching and research environment for our
students and faculty, and aggressively recruit the best and
brightest faculty to our department.
- Continue to develop and improve our laboratory facilities.
- Expand our community outreach program.
- Mentor our students and support their learning, research and